|Home||» Products||» Australian Essential Oils||» Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil|
Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil
The goodwill, we have gained in market is due to providing our clients with a comprehensives assortment of Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil that is a rich source of a chemical substance known as citral which is the source of many of its therapeutic uses. This oil as a wonderful, uplifting and rich lemon aroma that even people that do not like citric aromas find refreshing and pleasing. Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil is used in aromatherapy, it can help restore that spring in your step.
- It is new to the world of aromatherapy and quickly being discovered as a powerhouse of therapeutic benefits.
- Though most essential oils have ancient historic uses, there is little evidence that Lemon Myrtle was utilised by the native Australians, possibly because it grows near the coast and would have been cleared for land.
- Records show that European settlers first discovered Lemon Myrtle in 1856 and distilled the oil within 30 years.
- The Lemon Myrtle tree is an Australian native rainforest tree capable of growing up to 66 feet high, with evergreen leaves and clusters of white flowers.
- It is now cultivated in other places of the world like South Africa and Southern Europe.
- Lemon Myrtle essential oil is extracted using steam distillation of the green branchlets and leaves of the tree.
- It’s a special oil because it’s not acidic despite its citrusy aroma, lending the oil more versatility.
- After it is extracted, Lemon Myrtle oil is a clear to amber yellow colour that boasts a bright lemon aroma.
- It offers antimicrobial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties that come in handy for cleaning and therapeutic purposes alike. Emotionally, Lemon Myrtle is a valuable resource to improve concentration, fight depression, and help users feel calm, relaxed, and tranquil.
- These qualities are bolstered when Lemon Myrtle is blended with Rosalina essential oil. Rosalina’s linalool content makes it similar to Lavender oil, which is the ultimate oil for peace and relaxation.
- Lemon Myrtle oil blends nicely with other camphoraceous oils like Blue Cypress, Eucalyptus, Rosalina, and Tea Tree.